Wednesday 13 October 2010

Homesick





.......is the distress or impairment caused by an actual or anticipated separation from the specific home environment or attachment objects. The term is in origin a loan translation of nostalgia, a learned term coined in Baroque period medicine. The Oxford English Dictionary describes homesickness as a feeling one has when missing home.

Today I feel homesick...and not from my hometown, but from my second hometown. One day I wana go back and show my kids the places and things I enjoyed in my beautiful Segovia......the food, the house where my mother was born, the endless sunflowers fields, the BBQ's, the lamb....

XOXOXO



1 comment:

  1. Segovia is just beautiful. also all the delicious food you can enjoy there is a good reason to feel like you do now.
    you are dearly missed :(

    ReplyDelete